Caring for your teeth is essential not only to enjoy good teeth, but to avoid possible gum diseases and problems related to bad dental cleaning. If you would like to know brief information about caring for teeth you could choose Dubai dentists. How many times have you heard tell your grandmother or your parents that teeth are the most important part of our body, precisely because it is for life, and because it is the part that allows us to chew the food we consume each day.
But it is also a part that we must take care of daily, since the so-called dental plaque (a thin film of bacteria that forms from the decomposition of food and beverages, among others), accumulates in the teeth, causing acids that little by little are damaging the enamel. This plaque tends to eventually cause a hole, in addition – of course – to be a potential cause of cavities.
Table of Contents
Toothpaste with fluoride
It helps prevent both the deterioration and the wear of the teeth, by having antibacterial agents that helps improve the quality of the tooth enamel on the one hand, while on the other it makes the teeth more resistant to cavities.
Although originally little used because it is often “despised”, the truth is that flossing can help a lot when it comes to taking care of teeth. It helps to eliminate foods that have been accumulating between the teeth, so it is essential to keep the mouth clean.
It is useful for mouth rinses, not only providing flavor and aroma to the mouth, but different compounds and substances with antiseptic and antibacterial virtues. Unlike what you think, it is best to use it before brushing.
- Brush your teeth after every meal, at least 15 minutes later (it is not advisable to wait any longer).
- Floss at least once a day.
- Follow a balanced diet and avoid or reduce the consumption of sugary soft drinks and treats, so harmful to the health of our teeth.
Did you know that it increases the risk of gum disease, among other negative effects for health?
Visit your dentist at least once a year. It will help you do a checkup and wipe your mouth clean.
How to get a real cleaning of teeth?
It is very common that in most cases we do not know how to brush teeth properly . Therefore, it is necessary to follow the following steps:
- Always brush your teeth gently, using a soft bristle brush (do not hurt your gums).
- Make small circular movements and short, back and forward.
- Brush gently and gently along the gum line.
- Do not forget the tongue: always brush it lightly.